95 CC 48v Charging

satterly

I have a 95 CC 48 that when I hook the charger up only chargers for about 15 minutes. If I hook the charger right back to it it will not charge unless I move the cart, even if I drive it about 6 inches. It will then charge another 15 minutes or so. Would bypassing the OBC let me know whether it is the charger or the OBC? If so, how would one bypass the OBC. Thanks in advance.

--John

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
To jump / bypass the On Board Computer (OBC):

On the solenoid their's a 16 gage yellow wire connected to one of the small posts. Run a jumper wire from there to the negative post on battery #6. When you do this I believe the charger will no longer turn itself off when the batteries are fully charged.

satterly

Thanks HotRodCarts, Will try it this weekend if I can keep myself from fishing
tongue.gif

--John

shadowman

just a side note bypassing dosn,t always work........for some reason it just won,t on some carts.......if youir cart is charging theres a good chance the OBC may still be good but on a 95 if you have the red battery light on the dash that means nothing has been upgraded as far as the charging system and OBC.......so you might want to buy the new OBC kit and upgrade it anyways.........you,ll have less issues in the future with the upgraded OBC.................................

satterly

It has the amber light. OBC was replaced when I did the upgraded motor and controller. It does charge good and long with the OBC Disconnected. Charger is fine and I am thinking that it is the batteries are about gone. Gonna order some new ones this afternoon. Oh yeah, the fishing has been great
biggrin.gif

--John

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Let us know how the new batteries work out.
Glad to hear the fishing has been good. I've been to busy to do any fishing yet but looking forward to it this weekend...

Greg Moss

I have a 2001 48 volt If I try to bypass it the metter still doesn't show charge. How do you bypass it other than this way?

shadowman

you can,t do the bypass on anything newer than 2001 or 2000.5 ......as for charging new batteries don,t be surprised if they take over 12 hours before the charger shuts off...........brand new batteries take quite a long time to charge the 1st several cycles so don,t panic as long as water isn,t boiling out of them or they stink to beat all heck...........its normal for that long charge though.......................................
biggthumpup.gif

Greg Moss

Well that suks! I know my OBC is bad and am waiting for a new one to get here and wanted to charge my batteries.

satterly

New batteries came in today and I went home on lunch and installed them. Should know tomorow afternoon how things do then.