93 ezgo

BCGC

ok, ive asked about this cart a couple of time. my son adam has an 1993 ezgo, he drives and try's to maintain himself. he 8 years old and been hanging around my small golf cart shop. we rebuilt his cart last winter. we just changed the controller and everything else ,but the batteries are brand new. the cart is to slow! meaning slower than normal. we changed the controller because the cart would stall out when you hit the gas. we thought it was the pot box but we finally fixed it by replacing the controller.when installing the pot box we installed the blue and brown wire wrong going to the controller and to the f and r switch. at that point the cart did not move at all. we switch the wire cart runs has full charge,batteries check out load tested and read 6 volts. do we have somyhing wired wrong or maybe the pot box wire are mixed up? any ideas we did use a wiring diagram and like i say the cart runs but very slow and will not make a hill.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Six volts is pretty much dead on a 6 volt battery. You need to test the batteries with a digital meter. When you say the cart is slow, how slow is slow?

BCGC

most of the battery's 6.1 or better nothing 6.0 wire are all new, pot box new ,controller new , fand r switch new,, micro switch new , key switch new, old battery's read and load test good, old moter, micro switch on fand r switch the one on drivers side old passanger side new. 5mph slow! flat like battery's dead. does not make sense to me but what's an other $650 bucks. please any info would be helpful bcgc

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
6.1 volts in low voltage. Charge the batteries until the charger shuts off. Take voltage readings on each battery after sitting for 1 hour after complete charge cycle and post your numbers. You should test them with a hydrometer also. From what your describing it sounds like you have some bad batteries or a charger problem. Take the voltage readings after a charge and we'll go from there.

dougmcp

I agree with HotRodCarts, your batteries are almost dead and if they are new, there is something wrong with the charger or not letting it complete it's charge cycle.
Here's a state of charge chart to determine your batteries' health

StateofChargeChart.jpg