93 EZ GO

DFleming

I have a 93 EZ Go that has 35.6 volts at the charger recp. but only 17.6 at solenoid also I tried to jump solenoid two large posts with not even a spark. Please help

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

At 35.6 volts the batteries are dead. Try checking the voltage at the receptacle with the go pedal pressed and see how low it drops. Check the individual battery voltages and post your numbers. Check all your cable connections. Make sure the plates aren't exposed and add distilled water if needed. Then let them charge until the charger shuts off...

JRay

Cartaholic
There sure has been a lot of posts lately, where the final outcome has been no water over the plates. This is pretty basic stuff on an electric cart. All boils down to basic maintenance. Check that water guys, once a month.
tip.gif

DFleming

I checked the battery voltage and it is 36.8 with 6.1 at each battery but I only have 27.8 voltage on the B- and B+ on controller. What do I do next ?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Was the cart running and just quit? Have you done any work on it and then it quit? It's hard to say without seeing it. It sounds like it could possibly be the controller.

DFleming

The cart was running fine and 30 min. later it would not move. The solenoid has been replaced and it did not help.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If your sure ALL of your cable connections are clean and tight I would say the controller is the the problem. A bad connection will cause the problem your having so be sure to check every cable. You can jump B- and M- on the controller and bypass the controller for a test only. Make sure you jack the back tires off the ground before jumping the controller.

DFleming

I tried jumping the M- and the B- on controller nothing happened I think I need to take my cart to a EZ go shop.

DFleming

The voltage at the charger port is 37 volts, I did not see a reed switch on this one. I took the plug apart and didn't see the reed switch.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
A 93 doesn't have a reed switch. If you jumped the contoller and the cart didn't run the next step would be to test the motor.

This test is for series motors only:

Jack up the the rear of the golf cart and place on jackstands. Remove all wires from the motor. Put a jumper wire from an "A1" terminal to an "S1" or "A2" and "S2" terminals. Hook a 12 volt battery or 12 volt battery charger with 15+ amp range to the other "A" and "S" terminals that aren't jumped with the jumper.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If the motor tested good but nothing when you jumped the two large posts on the solenoid and by passed the controller I would think either something isn't wired right or you have a bad connection or bas cable somewhere.

Try jumping the two wires on the key switch...

DFleming

I replaced the new solenoid with another new solenoid and that was it, a faulty new solenoid. Thanks for all of your help.