92 Club Car DS Predator 670 or Vanguard Engine Conversion

BroDawg

Hey guys, new to golf carts and to forums but just wanted to get some input from some of you if I am headed in the right direction before I make my purchases.
I have an old 92 Club Car DS. It was my father in laws, who has since passed, and my life would like me to keep it looking somewhat original and make it something for our family to enjoy and keep in the family.
I'm not worried about the aesthetics of it right now as I will probably keep it looking like the old cart it is. But I do want to do a engine conversion and suspension upgrade to make it ride nice, give it a lot more power so we can take it to the lease, beach, or just have one of the faster carts in the neighborhood. After considering the Harbor Freight Predator 670 with the kit from Vegas carts I think I’ve moved on to the Cart Parts Plus Vanguard Kit and probably some 6in lift from Jakes with some new tires. Cpp seems to be a few hundred more than me buying the engine from a local dealer and getting the kit from Vegas Carts. I plan on making a move this week and ordering it all and just wanted some feedback from you guys. Also I’m curious of the best quality/smoothest riding lift, for front and rear, in your guy’s opinions. Thanks

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I think the Cart Parts Plus engine conversion kit comes with a better motor plate than the Vegas Carts kit. There's a couple members here that have had the Vegas Carts mount break but I think VC has revised it now. the 1992 Club Car uses a counterclockwise engine rotation sou you'll wind up with forward being reverse and reverse being forward but I've seen quite a few people do the conversion without issues. Welcome to Cartaholics.

BroDawg

Appreciate the response. I do want make it a solid build so I’ll keep that in mind. I’ve read about the rotation being reversed and I believe it shouldn’t be an issue from what I’ve read. Haven’t done anything like this so I’m learning and if I could get some more confirmation that it wouldn’t be an issue before I make the purchase it’ll much appreciated. Thankful to be here and hopefully obtain some knowledge from you guys along the way