91 Club Car Won't Run Just Clicks

Papaw

Our 91 Club Car just clicks when you mash the pedal but won't run. We were driving, stopped, and since then it won't go. I checked the terminals and eveything seems clean and tight. Don't know if it matters but it seemed to be running faster than normal when this happened.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum

Did you check ALL of the 6 guage cable connections (not just the battery connections). What is your total battery pack voltage? Is this a resistor or controller cart?

Papaw

Yep I checked all the terminals. It has resistors, as a matter of fact the first one from the F/R switch was just replaced.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Use 6 gauge or heavier wire to jump the 2 large posts on the solenoid. Its best to make the final connection away from the solenoid so you don't mess up the threads. You can use jumper cables, connect cables to the large studs then clap the cables together. You'll get sparks when you connect the 2 jumper cables togther.

Papaw

I was starting to consider the horse, but finally found a resistor that was giving me all my problems. I appreciate the help - just thinking it could be fixed kept me trying. Thanks. This forum is great for people like me.

JRay

Cartaholic
Any one have a horse for sale? I need one. The amish can hunt with guns out of a buggie up here , it is not a moterised vehicle. They come down the road during deer season in a wagon with loaded guns shooting anything that moves.

440mag

I was starting to consider the horse, but finally found a resistor that was giving me all my problems. I appreciate the help - just thinking it could be fixed kept me trying. Thanks. This forum is great for people like me.
So was the resistor on the solenoid bad? I have the same intermittent problem. Happens more when it is wet out.