91 club car gas

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
hi everyone i have a 91 club car (gas) apparently for a couple of years club car used an engine with side valves and i was told that they have a reputation for coming apart. I am wondering what i should do? replace it with a stock ohv motor or if there is something better to put in? i use it for golfing and i had no idea that there was such a huge golf cart fan world out there. i have owned it since 2003 and am just getting into tricking it out. i would like it to have more power and maybe go a little faster. help ideas please????

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
thanks for both responses hot rod. i have been looking at kits and i have some questions--- like do the B & S kits have an alternator and what other things need to be replaced when you do a swap. I looked at the 18hp kit on alpha carts and on cart parts plus does anyone have any suggestions which is better or more complete

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
They both sell quality kits that come with everything you'll need. I would call Frank at Alpha and Tom at CartPartsPlus and talk to them, they're both nice guys and will give you any info you need on their kits. I'd go with whichever one gives you the best price. With either kit you'll be happy and get quality parts.