88 c/c 36 v microswitch

oldcartfart

hi' o.c.f. here I just checked out my camping buddy's new to him cart. it is a 88 club car 36volt resistor cart.it runs fine but my problem is that the microswitches at the FnR switch is not hooked up or the microswitch at the v-glide.the cart will move on it's own when the key is on and the cart is in gear. I want to run a wire from one side of the key switch to the top tab on the FnR micro switch then from the bottom tab of that switch to the top tab of the v-glide switch then from the bottom tab to the celonoid that way the cart has to have the key on , be in gear, and have the peddle depressed before it moves. it's a 20 minute fix. i tried to explain to my friend that if he forgot to turn the key off and left it in gear he could have a runaway cart. i gave him a wiring diagram for it to show him it should be hooked up. but he wants a second opinion on the matter as he wants to use this cart this weekend. is my idea on how to wire this correct or i'm i missing something,the back up buzzer is gone.i;m not trying to stack the odds but he cooks the steaks if i;m right in my thinking. this is his first cart and i want him and his family to be safe as he dont believe me. when i told him it could catch fire if it overheats from being wired the way it is. please give me your opinion so i can settle this for him once and for all. thanks o.c.f.

shadowman

i,m with you rewire it right.................sounds like someone bypassed something to get it going andthe solenoid is staying engaged.........accident waiting to happen and its gonna burn up solenoids.............................................................
thumbup.gif

oldcartfart

hi' thought i'd update on the situation. well i wired it up correctly had a bad micro in the v- glide hence the by-pass had one in the parts bin replaced it no backup buzzer wanted so it was not replaced. cart ran the way it should everyone happy. and the meat was prepared to perfection. good weekend.good times. thanks for the reply. o.c.f.