87 Club Car Will Not Start

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Not sure you need a "new" carb, maybe, hard to tell - but I would certainly think there is some adjustment in the fuel system that is bad. Have you checked the fuel pump? The butterfly is opening at the right time? You're sure the float is set correctly?

Ncgolfcartboy

Cartaholic
What I'm getting at is for one reason or another the carb is allowing to much air into the engine or not enough fuel. If the starter fluid trick works we know that is the issue and can eliminate of variables from there

Ncgolfcartboy

Cartaholic
I would try cleaning the carb again. Make sure all the jets and orfice are clean with tip cleaner or bread tie. Blow carb cleaner or starter fluid through all jets and passages then blow out with air.

Ohiohillbilly

It does start with choke. Which I would think shouldn't have to be done every time to start it. I will pull carb tomorrow and clean it. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
My 96 Club Car needs choked almost every time after it is cold - almost to the point I don't even think about it, just reach down and push the big-o button and go.