86 Club Car DS Batteries

aaronmach1

Ok lot of progress... Long story short it was wired with yellow wire from speed switch box to positive. I move it to negative now all solonoids clunk when they should perfectly. But when the last one clunks it gives me sparks off a2 on motor. I'm going to switch a2 and the terminal above it like they were before I switched them to match your diagram and see what happens. But still no motion off the wheels...

aaronmach1

Wow perfect!!! Works great now. For whatever reason my more wiring is different than your diagram. But you write-up website helped me the most . I forget where but one sentence helped me find the yellow wire issue, thanks so much!

Rstaley

Cartaholic
Fantastic! Glad you got it. I was away from the computer yesterday, so I couldn't stay in touch. You mentioned the wire between the bottom two connectors on the F/R switch. Don't worry about that. The F/R switch was equipped so that the cart could be made to go only half speed when in reverse. That's what the 18 volt tap in the diagram refers to. Most of us don't want that anyway, so that is why somebody just tied them together with the wire. No problem. Thanks for keeping us updated on you progress.