85 EZGO MAKING A SQUEALING NOISE

JONES2377

After I put on a new primary and secondary clutch, still had no power. Rebuilt the top end after I checked compression (around 25 lbs). Gaskets were shot and one of the rings was broke. Got everything back together and tried to run it. Made a loud squealing sound and the primary would turn over like it wanted to go. Jacked it up, hit the gas and spun the tires and it turned over and all was well. Still squeals when it is cold but eventually will turn over. Plenty of power and compression. Any idea why this is happening? Could it be from just sitting outside (covered up) all winter?

divot61

is the belts squealing or is it the engine its self? how much 2-cycle oil are you useing (ratio)? also take the drive belt off and try to start the engine and see if it still makes noise, is it a new drive belt or old? with the belt off, jack the rearend up and spin the secondary clutch as fast as you can and see if there is ANY resistance, there should be next to none. just for sh*ts and giggles change the rearend oil, cant hurt! i forget how many oz. of oil to 5 gal of gas? i think its 40:1 ratio
thumbup.gif

JONES2377

That was it. Tightened the belt and the squeal went away. Going to need a new belt. No more room for adjustment. Thanks for the help.