84 gas cc flywheel nut?

dirtman

How tight should the nut on the flywheel shaft be? If I loosen it enough for the flywheel (engine) to turn over, the nut is fairly loose. If I tighten it to where I think it should be, the flywheel (engine) won't budge.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
i'm not a club car dude but something doesn't sound right there, you could rattle that nut on with a impact and break the flywheel before the engine would bind up. are you sure the flywheel is not cracked
dazed053.gif

or maybe the key is pushing back.

just guessin'

Gonzo

Tennessee Squire
KF82D Engine torque specs:

Cylinder head bolts 16-18 ft-lbs
Cylinder bolts 25-29 ft-lbs
Connecting rod bolts 29-30 ft-lbs
Side cover bolts 14-16 ft-lbs
Flywheel nut 60-65 ft-lbs
Spark plug 15-20 ft-lbs
Crankcase bolts 14-16 ft-lbs
Cylinder head shroud 8-10 ft-lbs
Engine mounting nuts 25-30 ft-lbs

dirtman

Gonna pull it back off this am. Something is not right. I doubt if I have put 40-50 lbs on it and it is wedged. I cannot turn the flywheel by hand like before I took it off.

dirtman

I figured it out. I put the new exciter coil small outside pickup (white wire) on backwards, thus jamming the flywheel against it when I tightened the nut. Dumb me for not paying closer attention to how the old one came off. Thanks for all of your responses.

dirtman

Well....had it running and the micro-switch under the accelerator broke...came apart and landed on the driveway. Ordered a new one a minute ago. ITS ALWAYS somethin'!!!!!!