82 EZ-GO 2 STROKE WONT RUN HELP!!!!!!!

chazdo2

Here is my problem cart runs great with the pulse line off the crankcase pulse nipple if I pulse it manually. Pulse line dry as a bone. If I hook up the fuel pump pulse line back on the crank case nipple cart quits and the pulse line is full of gas spitting out! Never seen anything like this! Air cleaner is off and no visible gas spilling all over. Carb is new as well as fuel pump. Really need help!!!

Phil Rogers

Cartaholic
The pump usually mounted to the engine on a 82 so I guess you've mounted your pump to the side somewhere? Might start with checking the lines to he pump. The pump for an 82 only has two places for fuel lines, gas in and gas out of the pump. You will have a later pump with three connections. Make sure the thumper line isn't connected to the fitting that should go to the carb.

chazdo2

sorry I should learn to proof read. Its a 91 with a remote fuel pump. any help different now? Ive never seen this before and I have worked on two stroke every things for years! Maybe crank seals?

Phil Rogers

Cartaholic
Well I keep going back to the fuel pump in my mind. There shouldn't be fuel in the inpulse line but if there is it came from the fuel pump.
I know you said it was a new pump, but something is wrong over there. Its acting like there either a bad diaphragm in the pump or you have the lines wrong at the pump. Just a guess :)

chazdo2

Its a new fuel pump and again cart runs perfectly when the pump is pulsed manually. All lines are on correct. The crankcase pulse nipple spits gas for a few seconds when you remove the pulse line but when you pulse the fuel pump manually not connected to the nipple is dry as a bone.

Phil Rogers

Cartaholic
OK I have a couple more questions. Since its a 91, does it have an aftermarket carb with the little pink over flow tube on it? If so pull off the little pink line and give it a try.

chazdo2

Tried 3 pumps the gas is coming from the crank case not the fuel pump. I can manually pulse the fuel pump it works perfectly! Cart will run great as long as I want pulsing the fuel pump manually