81 ez go 2 stroke

luggknuts

Ok, I posted last year before i rebuilt the motor on my 81 ez go. We rebuilt the entire motor. Put it in, new drive clutch and believe it or not.....it has done the same thing. It will not run right. I sent it to a golf cart shop and they said it was the carb. they bought a new oem carb.....not cheap....and i just test drove it with the new carb and it ran the exact same. It will go forward and reverse but it winds up before it takes off slow. when it gets up to speed and i get on a hill it slows way down almost to a stop. It seems that when it gets a load on it it will not run like it is supposed to. I am getting 125 on the compression test. Any suggestions? they are putting my old carb back on since i am not gonna pay for something that does not fix it. thanks.

luggknuts

We tried the muffler removal and running it and it is the same. Any other suggestions....I am getting close to ditching the thing but have a good chunk invested in it. thanks for your help.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
are you sure the timing is right? a engine will still run but have no power. its been a long time since i worked on them but i remember the reed plate played a factor on the power issue
twocents.gif

S.E.R.

HELP....A friend of mine asked if i could find out why his 2 stroke ez-go wont run. he said that he has spark,compression ,and fuel but wont start????
dazed053.gif

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Did it just quit one day or has it been sittin'? reeds or crank seals is about all thats left.

Greetings...you know what? Sounds like an issue with the governor to me. On the two strokes, the cable adjustments and bellcrank adjustments are fairly critical. The accelerator, governor and oil pump all work in unison and adjusting one affects all the others. They all come together at the carburator, so I would check all the cables and see if that doesn't help...good luck.