'71 Chevelle Project

TerryH

Looks like you started out with a pair of doors with a skelton attached to them, Steve. :p

Cool thing about building these cars now is that you can buy just about the entire car new. Back when I was in the car resurrection business you had to work with what you had. You almost don't even need a car to start with now, just a tall limit on your Master Card. :rotflmao:
Looking forward to seeing it come along. Also looking forward to seeing the blown 402.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
i remember cuttin' quarters off cars in the bone yard and cleanin', peppin' then tryin' to weld em back on don't think i'd have the drive to do it that way anymore.

TerryH

I hear ya, nubs. I remember going to the junk yard and cutting the back off this one and the front off that one and going back to the shop and making a quarter that looked like a freakin' jigsaw puzzle. Now you just thank the FedEx man and weld 'er on.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
I'm hoping to go see it this week. The guy doing the work is all over the place. He's at my shop twice a month driving something different. He's genuine to his skills so I'm patient. I traded a 77 blazer for an '83 swb c10, no rust, so I got a 468 with a th350 to drop in it. I'll try to get pics soon. Thanks for asking. What are y'all building?

S.E.R.

Sweet .....the truck will be a good project ......not building anything right now ......i watch the tv show pass time every night there's a lot of chevelles on that show .

dirtysouth

I used to watch it all the time. The wife took control of the remote somewhere along the way..

TerryH

Looks like it's coming along, Steve!!
thumbup.gif

dirtysouth

Haha It actually is. The only original metal is the driver door and the actual skeleton of the car... I'm very pleased with the work, thanks for lookin'.

dirtysouth

Scored a 71 frame already done. I'll get pics soon. Paid 850.00 for it. Its got that much in front end components. :)