'71 Chevelle Project

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Dropped off some body panels to the shop doing the work on my Chevelle project. He says it should be in black primer in another month. He's had it for about 3 months now. :dazed:

dirtysouth

Yeah, I was thinking the same, we'll see. Gonna leave it in primer/sealer for awhile until i get everything where I want it. Going to put a blown 402 in it and keep the interior simple.

oddpowers

Cartaholic
DS, not trying to be a smart a$$, but what made you decide to tackle that particular one, as opposed to getting one thats a little better off?

dirtysouth

Looked at a lot of them that were supposed to be better off, but decided this route so I know the car is all steel. Most all are restored as SS clones and they want a fortune, 30k +. I want a bare bones street rod so it wouldn't make sense to tear an already restored Chevelle apart.

dirtysouth

Had to take rear floors to him today. Got outer fender well tacked in and quarter clamped. slooooowwww goin'.

dirtysouth

Passenger side rear was hit at one time, so he's gonna weld the seams at the quarters and rockers and smooth them. Won't look original, but I ain't going for original.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Good to see it comin' together, i fella could have toted it up here and had er back by now. or fed me some of that gulf shrimp and i'd done her down there in the Warehouse.

dirtysouth

Trucks and UPS are already gone.
I'll post a pic next time the wife cooks some. These things are 6-7".