4ga. wires on G8?

puter_nerd

hello all.....
thumbup.gif

i have been having trouble with g8 lagging on speed. have since bought new batteries.....still the same. (course the old ones were bad too).
i'm reading/hearing that i should swap out the stock 4ga wires with 2ga.
now being a cheapskate that i am, i am making up my own connectors/wires. i'm buying 2ga. wire as well as the lugs and have replaced all on the battery pack and solenoid. now here is where it gets a lil tricky. the wires coming from the speed controller from the solenoid could be replaced......but i removed the cover from the speed controller and i don't think theres room to accomodate the larger wires. (see pics) now if i can't go all 2ga. then i'm defeating the purpose of the wires right???......(weakest link thing). or will the larger jumpers on the battery pack be sufficient? it looks like i can replace three of the 4 wires that go to the motor. 3 of them just come off of the f/r switch. any help on this would be appreciated...cuz i don't want to be stuck with a slowwww cart.
23491_111111655587674_100000665203916_130138_7188184_n.jpg
no.gif

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash...6_2307801_n.jpg

dougmcp

Changing to 2ga from 4ga is overkill IMO.
It will take about 25 charge cycles for your batteries to come up to their potential.
Recharge your batteries every time you have more than 15 minutes of run time on them.
Never let them get below 50%.
Make sure all the cables are clean and tight for best performance.
Make sure your brakes are not dragging.
Make sure you are getting a full charge, a 36v pack should be 38.2v when charged and rested.

puter_nerd

thanks for the info......i'll check the pattery pack. its possible i could be losing from the two last old batteries. i replaced 4 of the batteries, but two seemed just fine. they still do. holding charge and keeping it after a load. but even tho....they may still be a burden on the entire pack. i'm working on coloring an easier to view wiring diagram for the g8. all the ones ive found are blurry and black and white. i'll post it as soon as i'm done. mebbe an admin might sticky it for all to see/use.
thumbup.gif
thanks again...you guys rock...(couldnt get any answers from that other forum
thumbdown.gif
)

puter_nerd

the 2ga wires do make a difference!!
thumbup.gif

we camped this weekend and its like i was runnin nitro.
i've pretty much doubled the speed. not sure excactly what it was (since i changed so many things) but the cart screams now.
yes.gif
yes.gif