48v upgrade

prime21

I have a 98 ezgo txt DCS...i want to upgrade to 48v from 36v. Where do I add the 2 new batteries in the series?...Do i just put them at the end and continue on from battery 6 to batteries 7 and 8?....I mean that sounds obvious to me but i want to be sure before i do it.
And probably more importantly is the charging. I plan on using my 36v powerwise and buying a seperate 12v for the extra charge. Which batteries do i charge with the 12v charger, the last 2 in series?

any help is appreciated.

btw, my planned upgrades are:

48v upgrade
500 DCX alltrax controller
48v solenoid
STOCK motor (using existing one)
23 inch tires w/ 5in lift kit

Anyone see any problems with this? Thanks

prime21

wow, Thanks alot Gorno...That link is EXACTLY what i needed. It explained everything that i needed to know to feel comfortable doing the 48v upgrade.
The only question i have left is about the accesories. Does changing the white wire to the 3rd battery make it to where the accessories only see 36v also or do i need to do something else to make them only use 36v? Or do i even need to worry about it?

Thanks again for the link..That helps more than you will know. Especially with the pics attached to it.

gornoman

Moving the white wire from the charge receptacle only affects the carts control circuitry (keeps it at 36v reference) and allows the Powerwise charger to "see" 36v worth of batteries.

As for the accessories, they should NEVER see more than 12v. You will need to trace any 12v circuits currently in the cart, remove their wires, and reinstall after your conversion to any 12v source on the pack.

prime21

yeah, i'm an idiot...I knew the accessories could only allow 12v..Not sure what was going through my mind at the time...I think i got it now...Thanks for the wealth of knowledge.