48 Volt Club Car Golf Cart Wont Move or Run

WALKNTALL

I'm looking at buying a 2000 48 volt Club Car electric golf cart. I have him worked down on the price because it wont run or move. Whats the worst case to repair one with this symptom? Any ideas/

Frank

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Most expensive would probably be batteries. If thats not the problem then controller, motor or OBC would be next money wise. It could be something simple like a bad connection or solenoid. Its really hard to say because there's so many things that could cause it to not run... I don't work on many CC's so hopefully someone else will chime in with their opinion...

WALKNTALL

I know, I just want to make sure I worked him down more than it will cost to fix. If its just a switch or solenoid, yippy skippy!!! I got a good used Club Car electric golf cart for sale.

Tha_Rooster

Advanced Member
It will be really nice if its a lose connection. Check battery voltage, check connections, see if the solenoid click.

Being a 2000 I really doubt the motor would be bad. Unless something wild happened to it. Odds are you will need new batteries seening that they are 5+ years old now.

WALKNTALL

I got it and the dang thang runs! It works in forward but no reverse. Thats all I had time for, its getting late and I will mess with it tomorrow. Sounds like a switch or something???

Frank

club car man

Advanced Member
I'm no electric golf cart expert but we were having the same problem with my dads, but it would just run in reverse. Actually, it would run in reverse and not go forward but if you messed with it for a minute it'd end up goin forward. I posted it on BU and they said that it sounded like the F&R switch. Again, don't quote me on this just sounds similar to the problem I had.

Tha_Rooster

Advanced Member
Check connections on your F/R and the connections that go to your motor. I helped someone like a week ago that had a broke connection going to their motor and it kept them from going in reverse.

WALKNTALL

Well after moving the f/r lever back and forth about 5 times it started working in reverse. I didnt look closely, but it seems that it has some big contacts like my old EZGO that needed cleaning.

So whats this thing worth? Mint condition, stored inside all its life. Club Car full enclosure and folding windshield, not a scratch on it. This guy paid $6000 for it in 2000.

Frank