4 Stroke EZGO Marathon

TVAN

Cartaholic
A friend dropped off his 4 stroke EZGO Marathon for me to look at and possibly fix. Engine was run low on oil, now smokes horribly and knocks. Passenger side rear wheel, hub and shaft comes out of the axle, differential is inoperable, fluid is dirty and has junk in it. Steering needs some loving as well. Could use hubs, drive belt, front wheel bearings.

Is this worth fixing based on the age of the cart? A replacement engine could be had for about 400, but the rear end has to be in need of a few expensive parts? And time? Someone had offered him 500 for it. Should he just take the money? It is lifted with 8” wheels and 22” strykers.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I've always liked the EZGO Marathons. As far as doing a engine swap and fixing the rear end and other issues, or selling it that's a tough call. I guess it would depend on what's actually wrong with the rear end and how much it will cost to fix it. :dazed:

TVAN

Cartaholic
I tend to agree, if it were only the engine or only the diff, but being both that need repair or replacement...

TVAN

Cartaholic
Looks like I may end up with it. He wants the wheels etc. I am sure I can fix the diff in due time and add a 420 Predator or 460 Vegas and make it rip. Could be a fun project.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
You should give this All Sports cradle a try next time, way better setup. I've used em in a Marathon with a little fitting.

425-1_lrg-340x340.jpg

TVAN

Cartaholic
Nothing wrong with another project, you can never have to many. Right? :unsure: :D

There really is not. I wouldn’t buy one with a bad diff since all the value is in that imho. But my diff repair skills could use some practice, should be educational for sure.

Nubs, that cradle looks awesome! I didn’t realize Allsports makes them as well. I gotta get out more.