4 cylinder motorcycle engines

bill perz

I have always wanted to repower a golf cart (any brand) with a shaft drive 4 cylinder m/c engine. I'm really wanting something that will scare the hell out of me. Thanks for any input.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Welcome to the forum.
You would need to use a different rear end. You would have no reverse.
What you suggest may be a lot of work and a lot of money. I know a couple of gals you could have unprotected sex with. That would scare the hell out of you.
rotflmao.gif

Trevor33

I have a similar project taking place. The only 4 cylinder motorcycle engine I can recall is a honda "goldwing"? I believe. If I am correct our projects are very Alike for I have a 500cc 50HP liquid cooled handa silverwing motor I amm putting in a G9. If it is a honda It shouldnt be as big a problem as you would think. What you need is a 4 stroke golf cart, due to the f/r differential. What I am doing is mounting the motor and taking the shaft that turns the wheel and shortening the length up quite a bit, then making a coupling that connects the shaft of the rear to the shaft of the bike.
Hope this helped and if my engine will make my cart scream I would love to know what yours would do.

larryz

I have an old Yamaha 1100XS shaft drive an a Honda 250-X chain drive and it has reverse if anyone is interested both motors were running when parked and i fired the 1100 up a few months ago with gas spiked into the carbs. The had one on ebay that ran over 90MPH

Otter

My wifes 883 Sportster sits in the garage and never moves. Every time I walk by it I think about putting it in a cart. I know where there is a trashed 84 marathon I can pick up for free...........
twisted.gif

Gerrrrry1965

IM putting a 600cc honda cbr in my yamaha golfcart. I guess that motor is putting out 100 horses. Having trouble with drivetrain though... Any ideas? Anybody?