350 Rebuild Project-More Power

Need to get going again on this project. I currently have a 350 Fuji Robins motor partially rebuilt with new rods and rings done. I am going to put this into my 99 TXT. I Know that this is not going to run like a v-twin but I am looking for some ideas for more power and more go. Thinking about putting a 295 head and more free flowing air filter on it. Any and all ideas appreciated. I run this cart in a campground thats why I want to keep a engine that is stock and so I do not attract unwanted attention.
tip.gif

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
the 295 head and a 90 or 92 main jet is the best bang for the buck, a new factory muffler is also worth the money
twocents.gif

bidcaller

If your cart is lifted one of the easiest ways to obtain additional power is with a set of headers. Free flowing exhaust is super important and will instantly give you more power & speed if thats what you want.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
where does the speed come from
dazed053.gif
once you hit the rev limiter your done with rpm's=speed from a factory ignitor. i'm yet to find any real gain in hp from a header alone on a ez go 4 cycle, even with a bigger jet the venturi is to small and they run even leaner than stock. aftermarket carb, ignition and header will make the power
twocents.gif

bidcaller

I really didn't see that the ultimate rpm had been met in the question. I just related a golf cart exhaust to any other exhaust system. The less resistance the more power gained. You are of course correct that when you hit the rev limiter you are at top speed but that doesn't make the engine less effecient. If max speed and torque is wanted than the answer is simply - spend the money for a V-twin.

djlan99

I would not waste my time with this engine. There is very little to work with and parts are very expensive if you mess up. (find a spare engine).

The timming gear on the crankshaft is only pressed on ( not keyed ).

If you start modifying this engine that gear can and will spin unless you pin it.

This has happened to me.

If you want power you need compression.

If you want speed buy a set of gears for the rearend.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
increasing compression, adding larger carbs etc has no affect on this crank gear. if someone had a gear spin it was a manufacturing error and is not common, we have rebuilt dozens of these engines and i'm yet to see a bad gear mount
dazed053.gif
done right, they will turn 6K all day long and factory parts are no more expensive than any other engine.