295 carb problem

classicman

Hello all, MY cart Is a 2003 my motor is a 295. Well the problem I am having is I have to choke my cart to start it every time even in hot weather. Have adjusted valves, checked compression (good). I guess my next thing is to take carb off and clean it. Is there instructions or diagram somewhere to show how these carbs come apart and to clean it good. Thanks Ken

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
does it run well when it starts? those engines ran very lean to enable them to pass emissions, sometimes a bigger jet will solve the problem.

classicman

It runs great once it starts and runs just 30 seconds or so it might sputter a couple of times while chocking it then runs great from then on. on level ground or pulling hard up a hill. Where would I get a bigger jet and what do I have to do to replace it? Also does this carb have 2 jets one for idle and one for running at speed?
Thanks for the reply Nubs

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Nature of the beast.
yes.gif
You need a bigger jet.
thumbup.gif
checkered_flag.gif

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
only the main jet is replaceable, the jet is around 22.00 with shipping but is sometimes hard to change 'they like to freeze in'. if i were to spend the money i would just replace it with a new 350 carburetor. it looks and bolts in the same, it just has a bigger jet and venturi.

classicman

Thanks for all the replies

What is the difference in the 350 carbs that are on ebay and the ones other people sell?
there is a big difference in the prices.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
well the 149.00 one is a factory part and many e-bay units are imports, over the yrs i have had issues with the cheaper ones. the factory one is a set it and forget it, worth the extra 50.00
twocents.gif

classicman

If I go with a new carb I will go with the factory part. What all is there two giving this one I have a good cleaning? I am pretty mechanically inclined just have never messed with these carbs. I can get it off no problem.Taking it apart and such is where I would like some help. I would like to give that a try first. Any help would be great. Thanks

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
theres not much to them, if ya have some compressed air to blow out the holes your good to go. i don't have any pictures on how to do it but its pretty straight forward.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
ezgocarb1.jpg

ezgocarb2.jpg

ezgocarb3.jpg

fuel needle
ezgocarb4.jpg

the main jet unscrews from in here
ezgocarb5.jpg

ezgocarb6.jpg

a little carb cleaner sprayed in the holes and blow em' out and your good, some times you need to run a small wire in the holes to knock out stuck crap.

classicman

Thank you Nubs, That is great. Really nice of you to go thru the trouble. I bet it will come in handy for more down the road. Thanks again. Will report back with results. Ken

classicman

Finally got around to cleaning carb good. We took it out this last weekend and it ran like a charm. Better than it ever has. My wife and I both say it sounds quiter. Maybe it is just us. Wanted to report back. Took longer than I wanted but I have had alot going on. Thanks for the help.