2019 EZGO Express S4 Cranks But Won't Start

Jaamm

I have a 2019 EZGO Express with 44 hrs. On it. Was driving along a just stopped running. Cranks but won't start. Took it to a certified EZGO dealer for repair. Was told it needs a ignition coil. Also told it will be November before he gets the part. Has anyone else had problems getting warranty parts. Also is this a high failure item. I can't seem to find any info on the EFI engine. Thanks

EzgoTech

Cartaholic
If that's your only problem consider yourself lucky I've replaced 3 whole harnesses and 2 throttle body's on 2 of the 3 that I have done so far getting the parts for all 3 took about 3 to 4 months a piece shipping is just backed up unfortunately but good luck

Jaamm

Thanks for the encouraging thoughts. I went to gas to get away from the battery maintenance but rethinking the lithium setup

EzgoTech

Cartaholic
Every cart will eventually have issues working on a lithium now the bms controller and the Curtis controller both went out the customer did a oops well it will cost him about 3 grand to repair the cart

Jaamm

I gotcha. I understand mechanical failures. The support system is what's being the problem. Not sure what the "oops" means. I guessing he did something wrong. My complaint is 44 hrs. and no support. Not slow support. I consider 4 months no support

EzgoTech

Cartaholic
Yes I get your point as well but good thing the s4 has a 3 year warranty which will cover the cost of the part and labor but if you need pick up and delivery you have to pay that I assume, my company has learned so we try to stock coils for the kawasakis I've only done 2 in the whole 15 years I've been there and one was a 2019 Valor and a 2015 txt fleet cart so I don't see many of those being replaced you can call my company tomorrow to see if maybe they have one in stock we can ship you or them to speed up the process and I'm sorry for your inconvenience. You can message me I'll give you the number we're located in ohio though.

Jaamm

That's awesome. Would really appreciate any help you can provide. New to this site not sure if i messaged you properly.

Jaamm

Update on my support issue. I was able to get in contact with EZGO corp. last week and my part ( coil) showed up Monday. The cart is home and running normal. I did verify the coil had been changed. Thanks for all the input.

Jaamm

Update on this awesome Ezgo Express S4 I have. Went to take it for a spin today crank no start. Checked the spark plug for spark . No spark. The cart now has 58 hrs on it. That new coil lasted 14hrs. I have reached out to Ezgo for direction on this issue. The cart has 58 hrs and had to be pushed home twice. Not real happy about my purchase decision. Just wanted to vent. Thanks all

Jaamm

Update on my awesome Ezgo Express S4. Troubleshot the coil by sticking a spark plug I had lay around into the coil and got great spark. Coil good. Turns out the spark plug failed. With only 58 hrs I guess I need to carry a spark plug and wrench with me at all times. The problem with a single cylinder engine is when you lose a plug it doesn't just run poorly it doesn't run.
Thanks