2018 Yamaha Drive 2 Loses Power Going Up Slight Incline

mandtra

Hello all, I very recently purchased a 2018 Yamaha Drive 2 PTV gas. On a flat road it seemed ok , but now with two people and a slight hill or incline it really bogs down and loses lots of power. Flat out stock it runs 20mph top speed, but up a light hill its 8-9 mph. I also have a EZGO rxv 48 volt and it will run circles around this new cart. Is this normal , should it feel this weak?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I haven't driven a 2018 Yamaha Drive 2 yet but that doesn't sound right. I'd take it back to the dealer and have them look at it. Or call and ask and see what they have to say about it.
Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

mandtra

I called the dealer, and they seemed clueless. All the wanted to talk about was a recall on the brakes. Of coarse they said they would look at it , but had no idea if that lack or power was normal.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'm not sure what the recall is on the brakes but it's possible they could be dragging and causing the cart to run slower than normal going up hills. I'd take it in to the Yamaha dealer and let them look at it. Maybe test drive another one and see if it does the same thing.

Zman

Cartaholic
Recall is for certain vin # carts that may have a crimped brake cable. This can cause cable to fray and snap under severe stopping. Is this cart FI or Carb? Is the check engine light coming on?