2015 EZGO TXT Brake Lights Stay On

Gary James

I have a 2015 EZGO TXT and I just installed a street legal light kit and everything works except my brake lights stay on when I set parking brake, it has a delay timer but I must have not hooked something up wrong any help, . BTW I'm a new member thanks Gary

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Did the brake light kit come with a wiring diagram? Without knowing what kit you have and how you wired it this question will be hard to answer. I'd double check the wiring. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Do the instructions say how long before the delay timer will shut the brake lights off? How long have you left the brake lights on to see if they shut off? I would think either the delay timer isn't wired correctly or isn't working.

Gary James

There was not any paper instructions just a very vague video, I have gone back and looked and everything looks correct, thanks for your help, I will have to call them tomorrow which is going to be a waste of time

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
So are you saying the brake lights never turn off when the parking brake is applied? some timers will take over 5 mins to open the circuit:twocents:

Gary James

Thanks for the help guys found my problem...found a installation drawing switched 1 wire and lights go off after about 30 sec..great forum and will probably be back..say a prayer for me for I live on the East Coast of NC near Wilmington hope this storm stays out to sea

Bill Gates

I had the same problem with brake lights not turning off due to not having a brake timer box. I found this awesome timer switch on Amazon for under $25 that solved the problem if anyone is experiencing this problem.

Here is a video explaining how to program: