2014 EZGO RXV FLT ELEC - Won't Move - Where to start?

Dizastrous

Here is what I know from the tag on the vehicle:
MODEL - EZGO RXV FLT ELECTRIC
DATE CODE - C0514
SERIAL - 5322660
48V

Spent many hours searching and reading and learning. Forward and reverse are switched with the key in the dash. Drove perfectly fine. Turned it off then back on a few minutes later and no forward or reverse. When key is switched to R or F, the vehicle emits the high pitch sound, the solenoid click is there and the vehicle does that little "rock-n-roll" movement that I understood to be the electric brake releasing. All signs indicate normalcy - but no movement when accelerator is pushed.

Current SOC is 50.2V / 76% right now. I have read the electric brake requires 48V minimum, so that should be OK. The brake itself was replaced last year. It is a STROMAG.
Lights all work. Horn works. All visible fuses are clear and good. Moving switch from RUN to TOW yields nothing. I have attempted the "red plug" swap under the seat for switching primary and auxiliary power and nothing - won't budge at all. I have pushed/pulled the brake pedal thinking a safety switch may be sloppy - but nothing there either.

I am having a hard time figuring out if I have PDS or NON-PDS....guess that makes a difference in wiring diagrams. Also, I do not understand if this vehicle is/has TXT....or what that is.

I am unable to find a reliable serial number decoder that gives me the details I need to troubleshoot further.

I now look to you....if I can at least get guidance on what wiring diagram/troubleshooting guide to use - I can likely manage from there...unless you know exactly what is wrong and can tell me what to do!

Many thanks for any insight!

Dizastrous

Quick update - called the dealer. Believes the brake has gone bad. Says if either the brake or accelerator pedal is touched while switching key to either F or R, it will contribute to premature wear on the electro-magnet in the brake. Says that if the primary/auxillary plug swap yielded no movement, the brake is "badly" locked up and needs replaced. Going to replace it and will post back in case it can help any others.

Still open to any insight from the forum as well. Thanks

Dizastrous

My wife says I talk to myself a lot...wonder where she gets that from....

One more question....the label on the brake shows 36V. This cart is 48V. Is that normal, or should I have a 48V brake?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'd get the OEM brake replacement for 2014 RXV from a EZGO dealer and not mess around with a aftermarket motor brake. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

Dizastrous

In closing...there was mouse-chewed wiring under the splash panel. I found some other articles that had some testing suggestions, and here are the steps that got me here:

Opened the splash panel again and checked for proper voltage at the primary harness plug (#1/#2) with the key off. Yellow to black read 50.1V. I had no voltage on red to black. Seemed like a pass for this test.
Since I had already removed the brake, I tested the brake plug (vehicle side) and had no voltage. Didn't matter if the key was on or off or if the switch was in TOW/RUN. I had nothing.
Once I found no voltage at the plug - I learned how to quickly test the brake. Using an VOM, I rang out the brake and it read 30 Ohms - not a short or open.
This indicated brake may actually be OK and problem is in wiring between controller and brake plug.

Low and behold....a damn mouse chewed through 2 wires in the bundle and I must have lucked out with no bad shorts to ruin anything.

Wires spliced and fixed - voltage now 50 at the brake plug (vehicle side).

Put existing brake back on and we are all good now.

Hope it helps someone out there! If you come across small plastic shavings or other colored flecks of plastic in there...check for rodent damage!!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Glad you found the problem with the brake system on your EZGO RXV and thanks for posting the follow up, I'm sure it will help others. :thumbsup: