2012 Yamaha Drive G29 Battery Hold Down

Leader8

Just replaced my 8 volt lead acid batteries with 4 AGM 12 volt batteries in my 2012 Yamaha Drive G29. These new batteries are slightly wider, and don't allow for the plastic battery hold down bar insertion on the lateral edges. Any suggestions on how to stabilize the batteries from swaying laterally when turning the golf cart?

guitarman

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I’m not sure of your 4 battery setup but there are a lot of options on EBay under golf cart battery hold down.

Zman

Cartaholic
Why did you not just buy six AMG 8 volts? Would have cost about the same and you would have a longer run time. The 4 12 volt set up has hold down plates between batteries, do you have the proper plates? If not buy plates made for the 2008 drive and install them.

Leader8

Thought I would lighten the cart a bit with 4 batteries. The holes don't line up with where the plates should be, and there's not enough room to drill holes. Therefore, I've purchased a boat ratchet tie down to stabilize. Love the AGM's. Will most likely buy the 8 volt batteries next time. Thanks for your response

guitarman

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Why did you not just buy six AMG 8 volts? Would have cost about the same and you would have a longer run time. The 4 12 volt set up has hold down plates between batteries, do you have the proper plates? If not buy plates made for the 2008 drive and install them.
What about going the other way? 4 to 6? Good or bad idea? Just curious and not trying to steal the thread.

Leader8

It was much easier to find 12 volt AGM deep cycle batteries on line. Plus these batteries are quite heavy (74 pounds each). The thought of installing 6 batteries was not appealing, and more expensive. It will be interesting to see how long they last (4- 12 volt batteries) vs (6- 8 volt batteries). All my friends with AGM batteries are much happier than with lead acid regardless of their size.