2011 48 Volt EZGO Battery Issue or Charger?

Jstn539

Went to put my 2011 48 volt EZGO golf cart on the charger and batteries won’t take a charge. The indicator light won’t even come on to act like the charger is working. Batteries are completely dead at this point, or there is a different issue. Lights won’t even come on. New to carts, not sure where to start. Batteries were fine all year, held a charge and cart lasted through the weekend on a full charge.

C5DEE1F0-4525-410D-8EE2-20BEEE4F9451.jpeg

Patrick L

Cartaholic
Can you think of a reason for the batteries being dead ? Check the batteries with a volt meter and see where they are. A cart charger won't charge dead batteries. A regular 10-15 amp charger usually can be used to charge each battery. Does the cart have an amount of charge indicator ?

Jstn539

No reason to be dead. I need to do the voltmeter. Even if the batteries were dead, wouldn’t the charge indicator light still come on? I don’t have a voltage indicator on the cart. Just a light that blinks slower when it’s dead and faster when it’s almost charged.

Patrick L

Cartaholic
Checking total and individual voltages may lead you to something. Your cart may also have a fuse somewhere that I'm not familiar with.