2010 Yamaha YDRE Intermittent Problem

Pvander1

I have a 2010 Yamaha YDRE which has an intermittent problem with starting again when I stop it during a round for making a shot or any other reason. It does not do this all the time but it is getting worse as time goes on. When this happens, I flick the run/tow switch to tow and back to run, and it will work for a short while. When I do the switching back to run, I do get a loud click from the solenoid followed almost immediately by a softer click. Could this possibly be a faulty solenoid? Thanks in advance for any help.

Zman

Cartaholic
That is normal, common failures are the F/R switch, Tow Run, Solenoid. If you can clear the codes and reset the controller you must have some input not working correctly. If you play with the F/R switch can you get it to run? I suppose the solenoid could be failing but resetting the controller would not fix that problem

Pvander1

I have tried switching the f/r switching but the cart doesn't work in either forward or reverse when it stops working. I will check both sides of the tow/run switch to verify power to the run side. Is there an easy way to test the solenoid?

Zman

Cartaholic
When it is on make sure you have the same battery voltage on both big terminals. If not solenoid is either not on or bad contacts inside.

Pvander1

I think I have located the problem. I verified that the f/r and tow/run switches were ok but the problem still existed. I have since taken the floor plate off and cleaned up the wires and switches under the pedals. Now when I push down the accelerator, the solenoid clicks in and the motor starts up immediately. I have only tested it in my shop with the wheels up because we've got 6 inches of snow outside, but it appears to be working fine now. I will keep on testing it in the shop a few more times, but the final proof won't be available until next spring.
Thanks for your help.