2010 Yamaha Drive Rear Axle Studs

Natty911

I recently installed a Jakes 6" spindle lift on my 2010 Yamaha Drive. Before I removed the old wheels I noticed my rear lug studs only had about 1/2 the threads coming through the lug nuts. When I installed the new wheels and tires I still have the same issue. My lug nuts are seating down to where only about half of the nut is taking thread. Is this normal / safe for the rears in Yamaha? Do I need to replace the rear studs?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
With the stock wheels, lug nuts and lug studs the stud should be close to flush with the lug nut. What kind of wheels and lug nuts are you using with the lift?

Natty911

Even with the old stock steel wheels they were not quite flush, maybe 3/4s of the way. With the new wheels, 12" black lizard wheels they are about half thread. My front wheels are flush. Considering buying new rear hubs, just not sure if the new studs on the new hubs would be the long enough.

Maybe the previous owner changed out the studs?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'm pretty sure the front and rear studs are the same length so if the rear studs on your golf cart are shorter than the fronts it's possible someone changed them at some point. I wouldn't trust them if the studs are only half way into the lug nuts. :twocents:

Zman

Cartaholic
To be sure front and rear the same length. someone has changed them. just press them out and put longer ones in