2010 EZGO Valor Hard to Start

Motoman2010

I have a 2010 EZGO Valor with the 400 cc engine. In the morning it is hard to start and when it does it smokes it also smokes under load. The guy I got it from says it must be the fuel pump. Any help?

Motoman2010

It was just changed oil filter fuel filter and oil. It ran great when I test drove it but it has been all down hill since then.

EzgoTech

Cartaholic
Did you get a new plug as well if so its possible the plug is in too far and the gap on the plug may be closed?

EzgoTech

Cartaholic
Plug number? And you can check the fuel pump by undoing the line from the pump to carb and hit the pedal if it shoots gas out not the fuel pump sounds like a possible carb or spark issue does the fuel look bad mixed with water?

EzgoTech

Cartaholic
Good plug I would probably suggest a OEM carb when it's running after warm do you ever have to pull the choke to keep it running?

Motoman2010

Have a update on my EZGO Valor. When i took off the valve cover the intake side was full of oil but the other side was dry, how does the oil move around the engine could the intake side be filling up until it can suck oil in through the hose that is hooked to the carburetor? Is there a possible clog some where? Compression check was 95 lbs.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
There's an oil return hole on both sides of the head by the pushrods. Did you hold the throttle wide open when you did the compression test? The service manual for that engine calls for 128-156 psi compression. I would also check the valve lash while you have the valve cover off, it should be set at 004-.006 with the engine cold.

Motoman2010

I did not hold it wide open...... checked the lash it was good the oil on one side has me worried with no oil on the exhaust side

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
You need to hold the throttle wide open and have the choke opened to get a accurate reading on the compression. Also you might want to clean/check the PCV valve.