2009 Yamaha Drive

johnp

dazed053.gif
I have a 2009 Yamaha Drive ( standard cart ) 48 volt electric. I would like to increase the top speed slightly. The dealer set the controller for max speed when I purchased the cart, using his handheld unit that just plugged into the controller( guess that is mainly a diagnostic tool). Will it take a new motor or can I get a different controller for it ? I assume there are no adjustments available on the stock cart. Thanks in advance for the info..... John P.

johnp

wallbash.gif
Well...... I am answering my own question.... after much research, if you have a late model Yamaha electric, ( short of changing out the on board computer or motor ) , for a speed increase you have to purchase the speed "code" through a Yamaha dealer. This requires the cart have headlights, tail lights and a horn, soooooo, there you go. The Yamaha dealer then enters the speed code into the controller for a 19/20 mph cart instead of the factory set 14/15 mph cart. Thats my story and I am sticking to it !!

Hope that this helps someone with a Yamaha speed increase question ....

rolleyes.gif
Cheers, Johnp

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Thanks for the information...

I know on some of the regen carts a higher amp controller will give you more top speed and eliminate the need for codes from the dealer. I'm not sure about the Yamaha Drive though. If you haven't already you may want to give Alltrax a call and see what they have to say about a controller upgrade.
twocents.gif