2009 EZGO TXT PDS Flood Cart

shane09txt

So I have this cart, a 2009 EZGO TXT PDS golf cart that was in Harvey. I am hoping to get it back running. I disconnected the batteries and charged them individualy. I now show 36.2v on the battery pack. problem is, when I tried to hook up the battery cables they arced out. when I connect the BL+ battery cable, the BL- cable (disconnected from battery) shows 31.4v , as do the b+, b-, and a1 connections on the controller. I'm thinking I need to start by replacing solenoid but I'm new to this so I'm just not sure. TIA for any advise.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If the golf cart was submerged you'll pretty much have to replace EVERYTHING electrical. 36.2 volts is dead for a 36 volt battery pack. Did you have the run tow switch in the tow position when you were working on it?

Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

shane09txt

it was in the tow position, I removed the connection for the tow run switch when I removed the cover and it was the same. I should maybe note that the key was off.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If the controller was in water you can be pretty sure it's bad. Same goes for the motor and anything else electrical that was submerged.