2007 Yamaha G29 New Controller and Solenoid Cart Dead

I am working on a 2007 Yamaha G29 (YRDE) and it has me stumped.
Originally the owner claimed to have seen smoke then the cart wouldn't start and he assumed it was the voltage reducer. He took it off and when he bought the replacement it wasn't exactly the same so he towed it to me.
I did the basics to insure the battery pack was fully charged and all the cable were cleaned.I have the manual and did the tests for cart will not operate in either direction no solenoid clicking.
Of 16 tests #7 says to confirm reverse buzzer works so it does not ! on to test for reverse buzzer and step #4 says continuity good replace motor controller. just to be on the safe side i removed the motor controller from my 2007 G29 and tried the customers dead as a door nail. Reconnected mine and all was good.
So I ordered a new controller and solenoid and installed them today .
CRICKETS absolutely dead same as before. I have opened he wiring loom and checked for any burnt or broken wires and have found nothing and all the fuses and the tow/run switch is new and good.I haven't tried the new controller in my cart since the wife is golfing but I will later . I have done the step by step tests 1-16 in the manual and it says to replace the controller
it was brand new in an unopened box so i suspect there is something I have missed or the manual didn't show in the tests.I spoke to the service tech at the dealer and according to him I did it all correctly.
Any Ideas I'm Stumped ?

Zman

Cartaholic
So did you check the fuse? Do you have power on Red/Yellow wire from tow/run switch? If so you should have power from Red/White wire to foot switch , F&r switch and controller, if all are sending input to controller it should turn on solenoid by grounding pin 3. If it doesn't controller is bad. Get a diagram and test each circuit , inputs have to work.

I have tested every wire and have a fully charged battery pack 50.5 volts The motor controller, solenoid, tow run switch and charge receptacle are all brand new. I have tested all the harness from the motor control plug to back up alarm, forward reverse switch, foot pedal and the tps and there is continuity at every terminal. The only thing that gives no readings is the tps but it should not stop the solenoid from at least cycling when you turn on the the tow run switch.
I have also put the controller in another cart and played a round of golf no problems at least with the controller. Is it possible the contacts inside the 24 pin plug are bad and not making contact?

Zman

Cartaholic
Okay, does the solenoid have 48 volts at the small terminal with the red/yellow wire? and does the red /black terminal have power also with key on pedal up. if so does red/black wire voltage drop when you push on pedal? Controller controls solenoid if all inputs are good.
If all okay solenoid bad. If not key on , brake released , push cart , does beeper come on?
If not check speed sensor and maybe pull motor and inspect for stuck or bad brushes.

The small terminals have 48 volts on both sides key on pedal in any position, not grounding. I jacked up the cart and jumped the cables to just run the motor on 12 volts and it rotated fine no noises. I back probed the speed sensor wire and there was some movement on my gauge. The back up alarm only works briefly and only when you wiggle the wires going into the 24pin connector doesn’t mater if the switch is in forward or reverse. I have jumped the small red/black terminal to engage the solenoid but the motor does nothing.

Zman

Cartaholic
So with the wheels off the ground and pedal down, key on , wiggle the connector and see if cart will run or attempt to run.

Zman

Cartaholic
It has to be a input not working if controller works in another cart, bad harness or break in wire somewhere. This why I buy Alltrax controllers, I can hook up my lap top and watch every input and pull codes. They have never failed so far, much better luck than rebuilds, and good replacement for the Yamaha factory non rebuild-able controller.

Zman

Cartaholic
Can you take your 07 and do a pin out on that harness and compare to this one , in particular just the inputs f/r,key/pedal switch.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Other inputs that need to be checked would be the rheostat input toe run input and charger unplugged input

Today I removed the harness from the dead cart and I took the harness out of my running cart. Installed good harness in dead cart and still nothing and I reconnected to all inputs to do fair test.
Since I am working outside I had to stop because of pouring rain. Is there anything else that can cause cart to be absolutely dormant? I worry I may wear out the fasteners with all my install and removals.

I got a small window of no rain so I went and disconnected the TPS but it made no difference. All the red yellow wires have battery voltage but it acts as though there is no grounds anywhere. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only ground to the controller is the A 2 connection from the battery negative to controller and then to the A 2 terminal on the motor as a joint cable? All the other grounds are from the controller to the various switches and sensors IE: main plug terminals 3,4,6,24. These grounds are turned on by the controller?
All my attempts are with the motor wiring connected and I have not put the old solenoid back since when I ground the red black wire manually the solenoid clicks but nothing else happens.
Any other suggestions are more than welcome. I am going to put the harness back on my other cart tomorrow.

I had to put my harness back in my cart today or my wife was going to kill me.
my cart works just fine . I used a 12 volt light and a car battery to make sure every wire going to a plug was capable of passing at least 12 volts and some current from the controller 24 pin plug to every plug and all worked so ther are no hidden breaks in the harness. When i reconnected the harness in dead cart the backup beeper keeps working(not in reverse) unless i wiggle the 24 pin connector plug. Then the solenoid keeps clicking like its trying to cycle but turn the key to run and no forward or reverse.So I don't know if this qualifies as progress or just another glitch. I even put the old solenoid on and it did the same thing

IDEAS???

Zman

Cartaholic
I'm sorry , but i think it is time to take it to a Yamaha dealer , I could scan your computer with my factory scanner but i am in colorado.

Zman

Cartaholic
I still think you are missing a input to the controller or the controller is bad. Or the red with black wire from solenoid to controller circuit is bad in controller.

Zman

Cartaholic
Disconnect the f1 and f2 wires and ohms out the terminals at motor . should be 1 to 2 ohms, same with a1 and a2 , just for laughs, look on the back of charger receptacle and see if there is a short wire with a connector , unplug it and see if it runs. let me know if it does,