2006 pds 36v.

boxcar1511

I have a 2006 ez-go 36v.pds. lifted, 22" tires with rear seat. the cart is used by kids in campgrounds and rolling hills, usually 4 people at a time... The problem i have is pulling hills , speed is fine but I need more torque..My question is What size and brand controller would best solve my torque issues,and where would be the best place to purchase... I've been told not to go over 400 amp with out motor upgrade... anyone with an opinion..

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum.

The Alltrax DCX400 is a very good controller for the PDS carts with a stock motor. It will improve your torque and your top speed also. From what I've seen anything more than 400 amps on a stock PDS motor will cause problems eventually if the cart is used on hilly terrain or pulling a lot of extra weight. I would also recommend changing all 6 guage cable to 4 guage.

boxcar1511

I have the hill chip insalled, did not notice any difference in torgue win I swapped from the speed chip but I did loose speed

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The different chips won't do anything with torque. The difference will be in the regen braking and the top speed. The DCX400 will give you a nice boost in torque.

Andy4639

The chips don't help torque. They only take away speed and add braking or vise versa'.
The extra 12 volt battery in my 04 can be chargered by the cart charger but I use a regular 12 volt to charge it. This keeps the batteries balanced.