2005 PDS controller problems

1988mera

I'm not sure if some of these apply but I'll post them just in case. 2005 PDS. Replaced the batteries maybe 4-5 weeks ago. I did not put the toggle switch in the maintenance position when I removed and installed the new batteries (my fault). Driving at low speed the other day for a somewhat long period (several minutes) it somewhat died. Reverse worked. I was able to move forward and get back to my house and it picked up speed as I went along. That might be the controller over heating.

The problems I see: When I put it on the charger it no longer beeps if I leave the key on. It used to beep until I turned the key off. It used to beep when the charge was low. I ran it pretty low yesterday and it never beeped.

I have charged the new batteries maybe 3 times now. The first time I unfortunately did not charge it long enough but I need to use it. The second and third time I think I went long enough (maybe 12 hours last night). The charger never shuts off now. It was at a low amperage this morning. I wonder if my controller problem is related to this or should I need to leave it charge longer? 12 hours seems like a long time. Now that I have taken it off the charger this morning I do not want to charge it until it gets low again.

The regenerating part seems to work. Also if it rolls with the pedal not depressed the beeper beeps so that works. Beeper beeps in reverse. I can live with these things not working since everything else works OK. Any input? Send the controller out for repair? Live with it until the controller fails more??

Thanks
Rodney

shadowman

i don,t know what you might have done to the controller by not putting it in tow before hand but its not uncommon at all for new batteries to charge 16 hours or more.......as they break in charge time lessons but you should always let the charger finish before unplugging it.............thats gonna hurt the batteries...............................
cool.gif

I would not be concerned for 24 hours at least if the charger did not cut off. Like shadowman stated not fully charging the batteries can take a bite of how many years they will last.

When spraying with our 2007 PSD it will get hot and stop going but if I go to off or reverse then back to forward it will start going again. I now try to spray downhill or at a faster rate to keep down the heat from light use of the GO pedal.
rotflmao.gif

1988mera

I now let it go until the charger stops. It was maybe 16 hours or so last time. Maybe 14? Thanks for the advice.

As long as it works I'll probably leave the controller alone. Maybe I'll call one of these guys on eBay that seem to rebuild them. They might have some answers.

Rodney