2005 EZGO TXT Pulse Coil

Tom41363

I have a 2005 EZGO TXT 295 Robins. Im trying to get an ignition and pulse coils and having a hard time with it. Can someone tell me the difference between a pulse coil that says its for a 1991 through 2003 that is 20 bucks and a 1992 through 2005 that is 125 bucks. Not trying to go the cheap route just trying to figure out if the 2005 requires a different pulse coil than a 2003 if it sends a different signal to the igniter or if there is a difference
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME in advance

Tomd

Cartaholic
The 2005 should have the MCI engine which was a redesign. The older models that are $20 won't work. Where are you trying to order the pulser? The ones I have seem that are aftermarket don't work very good. Are you needing one because yours is missing ?

Tom41363

I have the one that was on it. A friend brought it to me after he had already had flywheel and coil off the engine. I just looked and your correct it is a MCI engine it doesnt have an exhaust manifold. I wanted to ohm it out at least and i keep seeing different ohm readings. Im sure at my suggestion that he will not want to put all that back together with an old pulsar coil. I will be needing to order one how can . I would like a recommendation on where to get a good one. Thanks

Tom41363

Hotrod the coil that came off of it has a round magnet and the bolt holes are a little closer together than the one i ordered that said it would fit the 2005 and im not even going to say where because i have already called myself every dumb name in the book It also has a blue and green wires and the plug appears to be the same

Tomd

Cartaholic
Not sure right now where you can buy a pulser coil. I would check the one that came off again. 433.5 - 586.5 ohms should be the range you are looking for. Set the air gap at .032 if its good. They normally never go bad.

Tom41363

Yeah i cant get any resistance at all through it. Its showing open circuit its like you didnt touch the probes to anything. I checked a different one and it showed 19 ohms like those are supposed to.
I appreciate you taking time to respond.

Tomd

Cartaholic
You have to use the one for the MCI engine. These have green and blue wires. I may know where I can find one but will have to check.

Tom41363

You are correct it does have blue and green wires and it's a little different shape and the magnet is round rather than long and slim. Please let me know.
THANK YOU !

Tom41363

Hotrod the coil that came off of it has a round magnet and the bolt holes are a little closer together than the one i ordered that said it would fit the 2005 and im not even going to say where because i have already called myself every dumb name in the book It also has a blue and green wires and the plug appears to be the same
Can anyone give me any idea of what can be done to work around not being able to get a pulse coil for a MCI engine. It looks like the other pulse coils have the wires coming out the front of the coil which are in the way and the bolt holes don't line up.
Thank you in advance.

Tomd

Cartaholic
I should know today if my source still has these in stock. Its been 6 months since I bought any and he is supposed to call me today and let me know. Stay tuned and I will post back. I am 99 % sure they still have them. Tom

Tomd

Cartaholic
Can you private message me your cell number or post it here. In this forum private message is called Conversations . I can give you a call with information . Tom