2005 EZGO ST350 Battery Wiring Diagram

dirtyd0944

I have a 2005 st350 ez go. One of the employees at the campground I work for was told to take the battery off and put it a new one in. However he didn't take a picture or remember how the wires go back on. There are 4 wires total, 2 look to be small ground and with one on the positive terminal and one on the negative the horn works. There are 2 more wires that are bigger one is black and is insulated and the other is a bare wire that looks to be braided. Any advice or information on how these should be hook up would be greatly appreciated we need to get the golf cart back up and running because there is work that needs to be done and we have to have the golf cart up and running to do so.
Thanks,
David

ftfixer

tip.gif
braided wire is most surely a ground wire would seem unusual for this to be connected to the battery. i would assume that the other bigger coated wire that is black may connect to the positive side of battery. normaly both positive and negative cables connected to the battery are black don't know why they are this way because people could get confused. you may be able to tell by the length of the wires or the way they may be routed or formed.the smaller wires are probably for some added accessories.
usaflag1.gif

ftfixer

yikes2.gif
my bad i was right that the braided cable was a ground and it does connect to the negative side of the battery. my cart is a 96 and both positive and negative are black coated my son has a 2003 the negative is braided and the positive is black coated. i'm still learning also.
tip.gif