2005 Club Car DS 48 (IQ)?

Captbs32

I recently bought a used 2005 Club Car DS 48 volt with the beginning Serial number AQ. This is my first golf cart. I was just wondering what is so different about the IQ. Is it just the controller?
Also, this thing needs some batteries! I wanted to know the age old debate....Trojan T-875s or US Battery US8VGC? I see the warranty difference.. Lets hear the arguments for each one.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Depending on price I'd go with the Trojan T-875 over the US Battery US8VGC although both are good batteries. If the Trojans are more money I'd consider getting the US Battery. The specs are pretty close on both and I don't think the new Trojan batteries (last 5-7 years) are as good as they used to be but still are my battery of choice for golf carts.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'm in the same situation here. Both of my Club Car Precedents are ready for new batteries. I priced them last year and the Trojans were about $150 more per set. One of the dealers I deal with sells Trojan and the other sells Us Battery. They'll both be out at out my cottage on Memorial weekend so whichever one gives me the best deal on 2 sets will be getting my business. If the prices are close I'll pay a little more for the Trojans but if the US Batteries are still $150 a set cheaper I'll probably go with them.