2004 EzGo Gas

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

Does the cart run good except for the smoking? I'd start with adjusting the valves. Any chance the engine is over full on oil? Does the air filter box have oil in it?
If the valve adjustment checks out ok and the oil level is good you need to do a compression test.

southardjim

Oil level is good. I haven't added any oil since I changed it 6 months ago. Cranks and runs just like it did the day I bought it. It can't be burning much oil, however a little goes a long way. Afraid it might be rings, or head gasket? thanks........

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Good call DS...
thumbup.gif

On a lifted cart make sure you use 1.5 quarts of oil and don't go by the mark on the dipstick or you'll be overfull. Most guys put a new mark on the dipstick.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
thumbup.gif
if it was over full it may take a little running to get it to stop smokin', the oil lays in the bottom of the muffler t'il it burns out.

southardjim

Don't think being overfull is the problem. Been running and using it most every day since I changed oil 6 months ago. and have had no need to add. I was on the golf course when it started smoking. I may gotten at an angle while looking for balls out of bounds that may have caused some problem. I think I will change oil, and fill it a little shy of full. Have been using 10W40, believe I may go with a 30w, do a compression check and go from there. thanks all.........