2003 EZ GO?

orielman

Hello everyone! :) I am a newbie to the forum.

I just got my first EZGO cart today, but it has problems. The guy I bought it from said that he had new batteries installed a year ago, but he couldn't get the charger to start charging (the cart had been unused for about 10 months with no charge) so I took it to the small independent cart shop where he bought it and they found that the batteries were no good (too long with no charge activity). They replaced the batteries and said that the cart was fine, but when I got it home last night it wouldn't move but about 10' before stopping, then it would move about 10' more then stop again. I charged the new batteries to full charge and this morning I have the same problem. It acts like it is "surging" or running out of power then regaining power, on and on! I feel like I am on a Bronco horse! Could it be the selenoid or controller? Also how do I tell what year my cart is? There is a metal plate in the dash that has a manuf. code K301 and ser. #1422892.
wacko.gif

JRay

Cartaholic
Take it back to your local cart shop. You paid to have it repaired make them make it right. And welcome to the forum.

orielman

Thanks!

That's what I'm going to do. I'm hoping to get more educated on the cart so I will be prepared for their "comeback" because they said that they didn't experience these problems when it was in their shop this week. I'm sure it didn't just start having these issues.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

It could be a bad connection somewhere or more serious like a solenoid or controller. The cart is a 2001 according to the manufacturers code you posted. Let us know what the dealer tells you.

orielman

I took it upon myself to troubleshoot my cart problems and found that the speed controller must be defective. I removed the end cap from the motor and tried to remove the speed controller in order to inspect it, but I couldn't get it to brake loose after I removed the snap ring. I then replaced the end cap and the cart ran almost perfect. It only "regen" braked on it's own three times in about a 20 minute ride. Before it would only move about 10' before it would "regen" brake on it's own! Now I need to find out how to remove the speed controller in order to replace.
unsure.gif
dazed053.gif

orielman

Well, I finally got the speed sensor removed from the motor end (had to demolish it in order to remove) to find that the magnet assembly had fell apart some time back. That was probably my problem with the cart "regen" braking on it's own! I have a new one on order, can't wait to get my cart going again!
thumbup.gif

JRay

Cartaholic
Glad to hear you figured it out, Nothing like getting the old eyeballs on a problem. A lot of this stuff is hard to figure out on a forum.