2002 Electric Front Shocks and Rear Springs

muhkan51

Need some help here. My cart has a left lean and feels very soft. Is it OK to replace the front shocks with spring assisted shocks and the rear leaf springs with 3 or 4 leafs, heavy duty, for non-lifted golf cart or passenger use. Would the ride be to hard? Also, is it necessary to remove the front cowling to replace the front shocks, spring assisted or not? Thanks for any help here!

gornoman

On my non-lifted E-Z-Go I have standard cart shocks and HD springs all around. The ride is stiff with just myself onboard, but plenty smooth as I load more souls aboard. I like this combination. I am running 10 inch wheels with DOT low profiles, and 2 inch spacers on the rear only. My turn-in response is incredible.

You CAN get the front shocks without removing the front body. It's a hassle because you are basicly working blind. If you go in through the cup holder area it's much easier.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

You can use the HD springs with no problem. The 4 leaf springs ride hard. I'd go with the 3 leafs in the rear unless you plan on hauling a lot of weight. E-Z-GO makes HD front springs also. The coil over shocks on the front will work but the ride will depend on how strong the springs are. A few of the on line cart parts places sell coil overs for the front on a E-Z-GO. I suggest using the HD front springs instead of the coil overs.

You can remove the cup holder to get easy access to the top nuts on the front shocks. Their's 3 tabs across the top of the cup holder where it meets the dash. If you squeeze the cup holder by the dash you will see them. You may need a wide blade screw drive to release them.

gornoman

If you look closely at the pic you can actually see the three tabs that hold the cupholder upright. Release these tabs with a wide blade screwdriver and it will bend down for you.

muhkan51

Thanks Guys! I believe this is what I needed. Just wasn't sure where to start. This Cartaholics forum is great. Thanks again.