2002 Club Car Carryall 48V Starts Jerking

Another one of our properties sent me this 2003 Club Car Carryall cart to look over. Found all battery cables in bad shape. Some with no lugs at all on the cables. Batteries seem to be good. All reading 8.3v - 8.4v. As far as I can see, all is good in the battery compartment. After a half hour it starts jerking with battery light on. Will not go, just jerks. Could this be that the motor runs when cold and then jerks when it gets hot?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
What you're describing sounds like low voltage. What voltage do the batteries have when the cart starts jerking?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If you test one battery at a time the voltage will probably drop just to under 8 volts when the cart first starts moving and come back up over 8 volts once the cart reaches full speed on level ground. You're probably going to find one or more of yours that drops in the low 7 volts range or even lower if it's batteries causing the jerking.

Ty. Better to test that way in order to find the weak ones. There are 3 Interstate batteries dated Jan 2018. 3 US Batteries that I cannot find a date code on them. Will check the rest of the wiring and test batteries under load. Will be next weekend before I post again on this.

Hey Everyone,
My description of my problem was not very good. First time dealing with the OBC. I have a powerdrive 2 charger. When it comes on, it goes to 15-19 amps. From what I have researched, after 20 sec. or so, the charger should go to 0 amps for the OBC to do diagnostics. This does not happen.
The amber warning light comes on within 15 min. of run-time. From my research it says that the OBC shuts down the drive system. The warning light will come on and off. On for 10 sec. and off 4 sec. periodically. I cannot make heads or tails of the code.
If I bypass the OBC, do I have to have a different charger? If the OBC is the problem, should I just get a new OBC? Or bypass it and get a new charger? I am leaning towards bypassing and getting a new charger.
Has anyone experienced this before?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Is the Club Car Carryall running like it should with the new batteries? I was pretty sure you were going to find some batteries that were losing voltage under load.