2001 EZGO erratic motor

Martin Mladenka

I have a 2001 EZGO PDS, I put in a Alltrax 48v controller and for now stock 36v motor. The problem is it wont go, it has erratic jolts when pushing pedal down and will not stop til turned off. Ive checked wiring switches, everything, I also did a low voltage check on motor. One thing came up is the readings on the ITS, it read 6.8v when turned on and around 3v when pedal pushed down. Could the ITS be my problem? Not sure what else to check

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Was the cart running ok before you changed the controller? The ITS can cause the golf cart to jerk/jolt like you're describing.
Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

Martin Mladenka

Thank You.........
Unfortunately I started with a non running cart. I've already fixed a few problems but still can' figure out why it won't run

Martin Mladenka

Jerking is one thing but it wont move period, forward or reverse. if I could post a video to show I would.
Guess I can replace the ITS to see if that will fix it.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Ok I was just going by your first post where you mentioned erratic jolts.
There's a link in the EZGO resource section of the forum to download a EZGO service manual. It has testing procedures for the ITS and also some troubleshooting charts that may help diagnose the problem.

golfcar2000

Cartaholic
You mentioned in your first post you put a 48 volt controller in, did you change the solenoid to a 48 volt as well as the batteries volts to 48?

Martin Mladenka

I replaced the ITS sensor and still have same problem, I even bypassed the black and white wires and ran 2 wires from sensor to controller, still didn't solve issue. Not sure if I may have gotten a defective ITS sensor or if its something else. I know the voltage between the black and white wire should be 10 volts when disconnected but not sure what it should be connected with pedal up or down.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Have you already added another battery Or are you using the 36 V batteries have you changed your low-voltage drop out Voltage

Martin Mladenka

I have 6 - 8 volt batteries running 48 volts, plan was to just replace controller and solenoid and
later replace motor with a high torque 48v motor....

Glen Batchelor

Make sure that Alltrax controller is configured for the EZGO ITS and not another linear inducer. The windings may be different. Have you hooked it up to a PC yet and checked the settings on it?

Martin Mladenka

The controllr flashes 4 greens on startup,
I have looked into the programing on a laptop but not really fimiliar with what to look for and there is no error on anything. On the laptop it looks as if it should be running when all its doing is kicking <motor jolting>

Glen Batchelor

No, you can run the Advanced shunt wound motors at 36V or 48V without issue. I would try disabling the speed sensor in the software and see if follows the throttle curve normally or still jerks and runs erratic.

Martin Mladenka

I don't see anything on disabling speed sensor? do you mean disabling the speed limit? the 2 things I see is Enable Speed Limit and
4-pole and 8-pole speed sensors