2 EZGO Marathon Projects!

riverratt23

My dad and I are both buliding lifted ezgo's right now. His is an 85 mine is a 86. We are goin in to diffrent dirctions though so this could get interesting he is building his for hunting and chores I am building mine to look good at the campgrounds and car shows.

He started first so I will talk about his first. He is handier than me so he built a lift kit for his. Then he added 10" wheels on the back and 22" tires on the front he went with 8" wheels and 20" tires. Then he camoclad his and then added custom front and rear racks. on the front he added lights and a winch on the back he added a custom enclosure for a 12v marine battery and a hide away charger cable. I will try to get more pics of it when I get home.

Then on mine I am just starting so I am open to suggestions. But so far I have a 4" lift waitin for me and a set of chrome wheels and 23" Swamp foxes. Also I am planing on painting the cart lime green with white seat covers and I have a cd player,250w amp and 10" sub on the way. I am looking into green led lights for underneath the cart also. How does that sound? Like I say any suggestions are welcome.

these are the wheels I have waitin at the house

riverratt23

I will try the pics again in a bit my pic host isnt compatible
wallbash.gif

riverratt23

AS promised here are some updates to our projects first here are some pics of my dads
015.jpg

014.jpg

His next step is a gun rack but he waitng for a while

Now on to mine I was all ready to install my lift and wheels and tires well I accomplished the lift but ran into a problem. I over estimated the size tire I needed 23" tires wont fit with a 4" lift. So tomorrow I will let dad loose on my front end and we are goin to do a semi custom 8" lift.

here is my BU 4" lift
005.jpg

My new 12" wheels and 23" swamp fox tires
006.jpg

My stock front end see the busted spring someone patched back up?
007.jpg

I wish I could have taken more pics of the teardown and put back together but I was working outside and it started raining so I had to hurry lol Here is what it looked like after look at the front end you can see the body sittin on the tire
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif

012.jpg

riverratt23

Thanks alot guys. I have really caght the bug to work on this thing now. I just ordered my neons for underneath and a wood grain radio console for the roof
thumbup.gif

Ironhead Tony

Where are you ordering all this stuff? Sorry but I'm new to this (just joined today). I have the same year as your cart and want to fix mine up too. Yours looks really good now.

BIGUN

HOW BOUT SOME PICS OF THAT 8" LIFT I PUT A 5" KIT ON MINE BUT THE TIRES I WAS GOING TO USE WERE TRASH SO I ORDERED NEW SPACERS TO CHANGE OVER TO HONDA 4WHEELER RIMS AND ALL I GOT ARE 25" TIRES NEED A LITTLE MORE CLEARANCE