1st time around in golf cart land. My Harley Davidson Build

TerryH

Hello everyone! So glad I found this place so I can show my wife that there are plenty of guys crazier than me when it comes to working on a custom golf cart! :thumbsup: This is my first golf cart build.

I bought this Harley Davidson golf cart a couple of months ago and tore it all apart and began to restore it. Had to replace an axle and bearing (robbed from another cart I bought for parts) , a diode, brake pads etc... but the guy before me had bought 6 new batteries, a couple of solenoids and new tires. Here's where we began...

50161565.jpg

Painted the frame after some surgery. The tail was super rusty so I chopped the back off the donor cart, it is gas, couldn't find another electric, and my buddy welded it to this one.

Here's the painted chassis. Not a full restoration but just a once over.

27089629.jpg

The body was sad. The donor cart gave up one of the leg protectors but I salvaged the rest from the original with much fiberglass repair. I took a couple of days off work to grind on the glass. Not the most fun I ever had but it had to be done if I was going to be happy with it.

11522156.jpg

Here's some bondo finishing. After that, a couple of rounds of primer...

56746747.jpg

And here it is after paint. Seats should be here in a couple of days. The factory rub strips were totally jusk so I made new ones from diamond plate along with a few more items just for some added bling....

35831411.jpg

I'll post some more pics when I get completely done.

Thanks for looking. You guys have some really great carts!

Terry

TerryH

Well, the seats came today but I didn't realize that the backs were going to go on the original meatal back supports so more sanding and bead blasting and painting......arg...... :wallbash:

I nearly threw the old seats away because I thought the new replacements were going to replace the entire thing. Glad I still had them even though they are in pretty tough shape. Pics soon of the completed cart...I hope.

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Terry

TerryH

Now that I'm almost to the point of actually using the cart.....

I was wondering what the approximate range of a fully charged electric cart is? It has nearly new batteries.

Thanks!

T

TerryH

Thanks HRC! I figured it should be good for a coupel of hours but am clueless about most of this.

t

TerryH

The EZGO is on a totally different level that the Harley. 'Course I'll have 4 times the money in the EZGO than I have in the Harely when it's done.