1999 Yamaha G16E Build

303hunter

Bought this 1999 Yamaha G16E used back in 2006. Installed a 4” bracket lift, and 20x10x8 tires and white steel wheels from Buggies Unlimited. We installed new batteries, and used the cart for a few years before electrical problems started. Cart sat for 6 years under a shelter. Tires rotted, and I didn’t think we’d ever fix it.

Finally brought it out of mothballs and had EGR Golf Carts in Fayetteville, NC go through it and install new Trojan batteries. I found a set of take off wheels and tires so we can use it while we get it like we want. I’ve got a set of black 10” aluminum spoke rims and 20” tires ordered. I plan to paint it myself, and also cover the seats. Will add pics and details as they happen.

86D1F077-6333-4B17-A6DF-BD756DF6C73A.jpeg

303hunter

Also have a set of fender flares, and I’m wondering about wheel spacers. Any advice on wheel spacers will be appreciated. I’ve got a set of 2” aluminum spacers on my Honda atv, and I’m considering similar for my cart.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Looking forward to seeing the progress on the Yamaha G16. Golf Cart Tire supply carries 1" 2" and 3" billet aluminum wheel spacers.

303hunter

Installed a set of GTW Spector 10” wheels and 20” Terra Pro tires. Also upholstered the seats in black. My daughter hit a tree and warped the roof frame, so I’ve got to repair that now.

It’s coming along slowly, but it is progressing. The aluminum roof rails are scratched/faded, and I need to figure out how to clean them up. After a paint job, I’ll be happy with it for awhile. It’s used mostly for work around our farm, but we enjoy trail rides also.6BBAC0EB-F464-423C-8608-08C40406D687.jpeg

303hunter

Got it patched up a couple days ago. Used 1 1/2” angle to build the rocker frame, and 1/8” diamond plate steel for the floorboard. Forgot to take pics along the way because it was 97 degrees here! I did roll back the floor mat so y’all could see the floor. I did install some aluminum rocker covers while I was going.

91AC6E96-F00A-4EB2-A88C-E3E9574FDC99.jpeg

303hunter

My 14 year old daughter brought it back today with the rear passenger side drooping badly. Turns out it has a broken shock, and mangled shock mount. I put a gusset on the mount and welded again. New shock has been ordered. Found out the Yamaha shock is the same length as a 1978 Suzuki RM 250 I have, so I’ll use one until the new shock arrives.