1999 st350 easzy go workhorse

richledge

My cart was running fine then would not start...turns over fine...top of what looks like the coil(where the plug wires go from to spark plugs ...red wire gets 12v white wire gets 2v....anyon got any words of wisdom
thanks,
C

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Welcome

bad ignitor 99% of the time. there is no test for them so replacement is the only way to test, they like to burn out when the regulator sticks and the cart is run at hi rpm's like when the governor is adjusted up.

kogieblack

I believe he is talking about the ignition coil...not the ignitor. The ignitor is the squarish black box with 5 small wires. Two of those wires go to the pulsar coil. One (the middle) is black and is ground. The last wire goes to the ignition coil. The next to last goes to the solenoid (one of the small poles not the big ones)

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
thumbup.gif

kogieblack

Wow, I am surprised with that kind of stat.

The EZGO ignitor, while not as expensive as the Yamahas, are still pricey. I am using a 3rd hand EZGO ignitor on my G2 and on a friend's Hyundai that I repaired. I have installed an ignitor taken from a 96 EZGO workhorse on a Melex. All ignitors are still working fine.

That's why I am rather surprised with those statistics: 1 ignition coil to 50 ignitors. Ignition coils are pretty much cheaper than ignitors.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
ez go ignitors will burn out if the voltage is higher than 16v, the first sign of trouble is the smell of the battery cookin' after a long run.