1998 Club Car DS Has a Delay Before Starting

Looking at a 1998 Club Car DS. There is quite a delay from when the pedal is pressed before the engine is starting and goes. Is there a simple explanation for this?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Check to make sure the starter generator belt isn't slipping. If the belt is loose or bad it will slip and cause a delay before it grabs and starts turning the engine over.

I found how to use the search button and checked that. The starter will begin to turn then like it seems to get stuck like the engine is on the compression stroke. It will eventually turn over but just that lag is annoying,

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It could be a weak battery, bad connection or possibly the starter. I'd start with load testing the battery.

So I load tested the battery and it is great. Tried to call Buggies Unlimited regarding the solenoid or bad starter. Was on hold forever and never talked to anyone. I found a way, I thought to test the starter. Jumped from the negative to the ground on the starter. Pushed the pedal and still had delay. Jumped the positive side of the battery to the positive side of the starter hoping to have it fire up, it did not. Still had the delay. By doing this, taking out the solenoid, can the starter be bad or the brushes?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
You would need to look at the starter generator brushes to see if they're worn. The brushes should have a wear indicator line on them. If the line is flush or into the brush holder they're bad and need to be replaced.

You would need to look at the starter generator brushes to see if they're worn. The brushes should have a wear indicator line on them. If the line is flush or into the brush holder they're bad and need to be replaced.
Thanks, I will see if these are worn. I would have to say that by bypassing the system and going straight to the starter, my issue will be there.

CapeCart

I just picked up a 99 and am having same issue. Was interested to see what you came up with. I liked that you jumped right to the starter. I know you said your battery tested fine, but I wonder if you had a bigger battery and do the same test if it would make a difference. I might try this with mine. Otherwise, I think a new starter might be in order.

I just picked up a 99 and am having same issue. Was interested to see what you came up with. I liked that you jumped right to the starter. I know you said your battery tested fine, but I wonder if you had a bigger battery and do the same test if it would make a difference. I might try this with mine. Otherwise, I think a new starter might be in order.
Starter ordered, will let you know that outcome.

Sorry for the delay in updates on this issue. After testing the starter directly from the battery, I ordered a new starter. I went this route since the brushes and also the armature could have been the issue of the delay. Happy to tell you that the new starter took care of the problem and all is working as it should. Thanks to all on here that put their $.02 in to help out.