1996 txt pds rebuild

20" Buttons

so my cart flooded in Ike, and I'm just now making the repairs. all of the electronic switches have corroded and most of the wires too. so i replaced the pedal box switch and both of the forward and reverse switches.. I replaced all motor wires, battery wires, solenoid wires and speed controll wires..and the 36v solenoid is working and i have replaced the 6-6v batteries with 3-12v deep cycle marine batteries. Also I removed the motor...It charges and the back up beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep works, and when i hit the accelerator (weather in forward or reverse) the selenoid clicks and sends all 39.97 volts to the speed controller... my question is this.... Without a motor installed or connected, is it possible to tell if the controller is working properly and if so what wires do i check for voltage???? also how much voltage should be directed to the motor? If any one can help me-PLEASE DO!!!

20" Buttons

my bad!!! i believe it is a series cart.. its got the manual forward/reverse lever between the driver and passenger on the kick panel. would this make a difference in testing, or should i blow my life savings and just buy a motor to see if the controller is any good.. thanks for responding!! also, what do i need to show you on my cart for you to tell me what model i have (drive system and so forth)

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Does the F/R lever have a rod under the seat that runs over to the passenger side to where the actual switch is? Like I mentioned before if the controller was under water it's almost a sure thing that it's bad.

20" Buttons

yes it does have that rod that runs over to the passenger side under the seat.. is that a series or DCS like you said before. or are they the same?

dougmcp

It's a series cart.
If it was flooded above the controller, swap the controller out for a known good one to confirm or replace it.